Pentre Mawr Self Catering Farmhouse Accommodation
Pentre Mawr is a beautifully converted farmhouse with a hot tub, surrounded by a working farm, on the edge of the hamlet of Rhosgoch near to the village of Painscastle in the undulating Welsh border countryside.
The farmhouse is a perfect base for families and groups of friends to explore the surrounding countryside. Set over two floors, there are four large bedrooms, one with an en-suite, and a family bathroom. The ground floor offers a well-equipped kitchen and island unit with a small breakfast bar. Off the kitchen is a spacious dining room and comfortable sitting room where you can plan your day’s adventures over a morning cup of tea.
A short drive will take you to:
- Hay-on-Wye, home of the world renowned literary festival
- The Royal Welsh Showground near Builth Wells
- Stunning views and walks across the Radnorshire Hills
- Local golf course is less than a mile away in the small village of Rhosgoch
- Rhosgoch bog, which is popular with nature lovers as it supports rare flora and fauna.
- Welsh Marches
- Brecon Beacons National Park.
- Numerous outdoor activities such as pony trekking, canoeing on the Wye.
- Shopping in Hay-on-Wye which offers fabulous boutique style shopping, renowned book shops, and of course, the literary festival.
- A perfect retreat for families and friends to enjoy the myriad of walks, outdoor activities and stunning historical towns locally.