MAKE SPACE FOR SUMMER!
As we head to warm summer days and long evenings, adaptable furniture that works both inside and out could be the answer for turning outdoor spaces into part of the living environment.
Creating a design led look with easily movable, lightweight furniture can provide extra seating outside for barbecues, unexpected visitors or relaxed summer evenings chatting with friends as the sun goes down.
Alison Chatten, interiors specialist and designer at leading soft-fill furniture and furnishings manufacturer, the Bazaar Group, said: “With any indoor-outdoor living area, finding pieces that harmonise with your interior style, yet add a bit of vibrancy to your thriving outdoor space isn’t easy.
“The ‘urban palm house’ trend feels spectacular both as a dramatic indoor lounge area that beckons you in, or as a sophisticated jungle-inspired garden area that friends won’t want to leave.
“The Icon Urban Palm Collection is ideal to create that warm and welcoming suite, and has the added advantage of being easily moved, so people can adapt your spaces whenever extra seating space is needed.”
Here are Alison’s tips for choosing the perfect indoor-outdoor furniture:
- Look for furniture which is comfortable for different activities. For example, the Oria Armchair is a comfortable seat which is great for relaxing with a book, or for a supported position while you enjoy something off the barbecue.
- To create that perfect outdoor vibe, go for bright and attractive furniture with complimentary accessories such as cushions and soft throws.
- Choose furniture that is easy to keep clean. The Icon range uses comfortable, tactile materials which are designed to be wiped-clean.
- Cushions, throws and relaxed soft seating should be easy to pick up and take outside when the occasion calls for it.
- Water-resistant fabrics are important in case of sudden downpours.
- Footstools and pouffes can add extra seating, take up less space and even be used as a side table.
Icon is part of the Bazaar Group, a leading soft furnishing manufacturer based in Northumberland. As well as Icon, the Bazaar Group’s brands include Leda, Eden Learning Spaces and Bambeano.