We accept the following files
A4 Magazine Print Specifications and Advert Sizes
- All files should be in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) version 1.3, preferred PDF files
- All transparency and layers flattened.
- Magazine settings differ from the Newsprint settings in just four areas . . . Transparency Flattener is 2400 and 600; Images, 300 dpi for contones and a minimum 600 dpi (max. 1200) for lineart; Total Ink Limit in images is 300%.
- Fonts should be embedded/subset and should be PostScript Type1, TrueType or OpenType
- CMYK Colour only (No spot / Pantone colour or RGB colour)
- Magazine image resolution 300dpi
- Neither custom transfer functions nor custom halftones should be used
- Crop, Bleed and Trim marks must not be used, unless it is for a full page advert or double page spread.
- When creating a double page spread, please keep all important information 20mm from the centre-line due to binding.
- N.b. If the full page advert or double page spread could be mistaken for editorial, it has to state ‘PROMOTIONAL FEATURE’ on the top of the advert.
Quarter Page 10x13cm
Half Page Horizontal
Half Page Verticle
Full Page 29.7 x 21cm with 3mm bleed and crop marks
Double Page Spread