Bookending the fortnight in fine style, the Duchess of Cambridge made her second trip to Wimbledon yesterday for the men’s singles finals, watching Roger Federer score a record eighth title at the hallowed ground.
On both outings, the club’s royal patron chose outfits that nodded to the ‘Wimbledon whites’ diktat, without sticking slavishly to it (all-white is only compulsory for the players, after all).
Following her black and white polka dot Dolce & Gabbana dress on day one, for the final Kate chose a cap sleeved Catherine Walker number with a pretty floral placement print that extended from hem to waist.
Featuring buttercups, bluebells and a smattering of poppies, the dress showcases a very chic way to do florals (and the half-and-half dress is also a clever way to get away with wearing white to a wedding, FYI).
Like the look? Here are eight meadow print dresses to try if you’ve been inspired by Kate’s Wimbledon triumph…
1. Oasis Royal Worcester Placement Midi Dress, £45 (was £85).
2. Blue Vanilla White Floral Print Short Sleeve Dress, £22, New Look.
3. Joe Browns Prim and Prom Dress £52 (was £65) Marisota.
4. AX Paris Curve Wrap Floral Dress, £52, Littlewoods.
5. Hobbs Fiona Dress, £149.
6. Amy Lynn Mesh Striped Shift Dress With Floral Panel, £28, ASOS.
7. Monsoon Arianna Floral Print Dress, £54.50 (was £109).
8. Chi Chi London Pandora Dress, £68.
- ARTS | THEATRE
- EDITORS PICKS